Definitions specific to Clery24 Jan, 2015
Dating Violence: The term "dating violence" means violence committed by a person 1) who is or has been in a social relationship of a romantic or intimate nature with the victim and 2) the existence of such a relationship shall be based on the reporting party's statement and with consideration of the length of the relationship, the type of relationship, and the frequency of interaction between the persons involved in the relationship.
Domestic Violence: The term "domestic violence" means 1) Felony or misdemeanor crimes of violence committed -
1. by a current or former spouse or intimate partner of the victim;
2. by a person with whom the victim shares a child in common;
3. by a person who is cohabitating with or has cohabitated with the victim as a spouse or intimate partner;
4. by a person similarly situated to a spouse of the victim under the domestic or family violence laws of the jurisdiction in which the crime of violence occurred; or
5. by any other person against an adult or youth victim who is protected from that person's act under the domestic or family violence laws of the jurisdiction in which the crime of violence occurred.
Stalking: The term "stalking" means: 1) engaging in a course of conduct directed at a specific person that would cause a reasonable person to -
fear for the person’s safety or the safety of others; or
suffer substantial emotional distress.
Who is a CSA “Campus Security Authority”
Any official of the University who has a significant responsibility for student and campus activities would be considered a Campus Security Authority. The following positions have been identified as Campus Security Authorities by the Department of Education, but are not limited to:
- All police and security staff
- (Under Construction)